From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of John Woodgate
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 11:52 AM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Re: EU DoC for Antennas

In message
<2a93eb060712110730w1f0425c7u5d068e4249cf6...@mail.gmail.com>, dated
Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Grace Lin <graceli...@gmail.com> writes:

>Does a manufacturer need to have an EU Declaration of Conformity for
>antennas which work with hand-held remote controllers?  The antenna
>contains no electronic circuit.  A RF device typically is certified
>with certain models of antennas.  For antenna itself (shipping
>separately and can work with different model of products), is there any
>need for an EU DoC?

I'm not entirely sure what the RTTE Directive requires, but I can't see
that either the LVD or the EMCD requires a DoC for an antenna.

I would include with the antenna a list of the products it is intended
to work with and a warning not to use it with any other product. (Just
to show that all the 'angles' have been considered.)

>Is BNC connector (popular connector) a problem?

In what way? I don't see any problem.
For very important information, please turn over.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com