Exactly.  And, Ari, maybe we need to make this clearer in the next
update to CISPR 22 and in CISPR 32 when we finally publish it (in our
lifetimes?).

Ghery

From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of
ari.honk...@nsn.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:00 PM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: CISPR 22 / ANSI C63.4 antenna-to-EUT distance

I have the 2005 version of CISPR 22 in hand and it says:

"The boundary of the EUT is defined by an imaginary straight-line
periphery describing a simple geometric configuration encompassing the
EUT. All ITE intersystem cables and connecting ITE shall be included
within this boundary (see also Figure 2)".

In other words, if the footprint of EUT, cables and used accessories is
not a circle, the test distance varies when the table is rotated. This
is indeed inconvenient, and what we usually do is that we take the
closest distance available using such straight-line periphery and set
that as the prescribed test distance. We penalise ourselves a bit since
in some azimuths one EUT corner is too close but with typical EUT's the
effect is not significant since we want anyhow some margin to the
limits.

regards,
Ari Honkala
Nokia Siemens Networks