a demo unit from them. It comes with a free SW but it does minimal - no control
of antenna mast or turntable.

Sent from Wendy.Nya iPhone

On Aug 30, 2011, at 6:31 PM, "Pawson, James" <james.paw...@echostar.com> wrote:

        I should add that the main standard we test to is EN 55022.

        Thanks
        James

________________________________

        From: Pawson, James [mailto:james.paw...@echostar.com]
        Sent: 30 August 2011 11:12
        To: <mailto:EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG> EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
        Subject: [PSES] EMI Receiver - Recommendations?

        Hello,

        We are budgeting for a replacement for our ageing R&S ESVS10 EMI
receiver.  Apart from R&S I've found Agilent and Teseq that make EMI receivers.

        Does anyone have any thoughts on which EMI receiver manufacturer they
prefer and why? I'm thinking about things like support, software to drive the
receiver, cost of repair and calibration, reliability etc. Also, are there
other manufacturers that I've not found yet?

        We seem to have had good reliability from our R&S receiver (12+ years
of service) but repairs have always seemed expensive and taken a long time.
Support is generally good compared to other test equipment manufacturers.

        Thanks in advance
        James

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        James Pawson
        Leading Hardware Engineer - EMC
        EchoStar Europe
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

emc-pstc discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <
<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org> emc-p...@ieee.org>

        All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at
<http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/> http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/
        Graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc. can be posted to
that URL.

        Website: <http://www.ieee-pses.org/> http://www.ieee-pses.org/
        Instructions: <http://listserv.ieee.org/request/user-guide.html>
http://listserv.ieee.org/request/user-guide.html