Good day..

I would like to invite you to our 13TH Annual Chicago Chapter IEEE EMC
MiniSymposium, to be held at the Itasca Country Club, Itasca, Il on Tuesday,
May 10.

This MiniSymposium is not only for EMC engineers and technicians but.. for
Electrical and Mechanical Engineers that develop and design equipment as well.
 Note there are actually two different presentations that Lee HIll will be
doing, listed below.

Knowing that some of the attendees may not have a high level of EMC
experience, I have elected this year to start off my MiniSymposium off with a
special session called.... "Fundamentals of EMC" where we will have Tom
Braxton (Shure, Inc.) speak to all the terms and specifications that we use in
the daily EMC arena.   This is must attend for new engineers!

Please forward this email to anyone that you feel will benefit from our annual
event.  (If possible, please print out and post on your board.)

I look forward to see you at this annual event.

Frank Krozel
2011 IEEE EMC MiniSymposium Chairman
fr...@electronicinstrument.com

When.....
Tuesday May 10, 2011   8am-5:00pm

Where....
Itasca Country Club, Itasca, IL

Topic....
Essential EMC Measurement Tools
Discussion of spectrum analyzers, test receivers, current probes, voltage
probes, near field probes, including basic theory of operation of current
probes for injection and monitoring of EMI.
Includes demonstrations of working hardware.
and.....
Shielding of Electronic Products, Enclosures and Cables.
Common pitfalls and good practices.  Includes demonstrations and working
hardware.

Speaker......
Lee Hill - Silent
Lee Hill is Founding Partner of SILENT, an independent electromagnetic
compatibility (EMC) and RF design firm established in 1992 that specializes in
design for EMC and RF design, troubleshooting, and training services to
commercial and industrial manufacturers with global distribution in the
computer, consumer, network and telecommunications, industrial process
control, automotive, medical and scientific instruments, military and
aerospace industries. SILENT provides these services worldwide to an average
of thirty clients per year. Previously Lee was Principal EMC and Systems
Engineer at Digital Equipment Corporation’s Workstation Systems Engineering
Group in Palo Alto , California .
Lee received the Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering &
Electromagnetics with highest honors from the University of Missouri-Rolla,
(now Missouri University of Science and Technology) and the Bachelor of
Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from the Rochester Institute of
Technology.  Mr. Hill was awarded the 1993 IEEE EMC Society President’s
Memorial Scholarship and the 1994 Missouri Collegiate Entrepreneur Award.
Lee has over twenty-five years of experience in the EMC design and retrofit of
complex electronic systems. He has been teaching short courses on EMC design
and troubleshooting for fifteen years.  Lee consults and teaches worldwide,
and has presented classes in Taiwan, Singapore, Mexico, Norway, Canada, South
Korea, France, and United Kingdom.  He is also a regular EMC course instructor
forOxford University ( England ), and General Motors University.  He has
completed a three-year term on the Editorial Review Board of Printed Circuit
Design Magazine and served as an EMC instructor for HP and Agilent.  Lee holds
a US patent for EMI control in portable electronics, and provides expert
witness services for patent litigation.
Lee is a recent member of the Society’s Board of Directors (2004-2007), and
is past member of the IEEE EMC Society’s Awards Committee. In 1994, Lee was
appointed to serve a two year term as an IEEE EMC Society Distinguished
Lecturer (DL), and from 1999-2006 he served as chair of the DL program.  In
2003 he served as Co-Technical Chair of the IEEE Symposium on EMC in Boston
,Massachusetts . He is a past Vice-Chair of the Central New England Chapter of
the IEEE EMC Society. In the past seven years he has been a frequent featured
speaker at IEEE EMC Society fundraising events in cities throughout the US
including Seattle , Portland ,Chicago , Milwaukee , Dallas/Fort Worth and
Detroit .  He has also provided technical presentations to Society chapters in
Los Angeles ,San Diego , Santa Clara , Boston , Austin , Colorado Springs,
Pittsburgh , and Orange County , CA . In 1999 Lee received a Certificate of
Appreciation from the EMC Society for significant contributions to education !
through his annual participation in the Demonstrations and Experiments portion
of annual IEEE EMC Symposia. Lee was a member of the original IEEE P1180
ad-hoc committee on low frequency magnetic field measurement for video display
terminals.  In 2008 Lee wrote a guest column for Howard Johnson in Electronic
Design Magazine.

Additional information......
http://www.emcchicago.org/sectfiles/events.htm

We hope to see you there!
Frank Krozel
2011 EMC MiniSymposium Chair

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at
http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>

Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>