Group,

I need a Safety Expert with tangible experience working with the city of Los
Angeles as the AHJ with regards to an electrical safety installation issue.

This would be a consulting opportunity to resolve a specific issue and most
likely would require short term travel to the Los Angeles area. ( Maybe 2-3
one day trips )

If you meet the above requirements please contact me off list to discuss via
email.

Historically, LA city electrical / safety inspectors as the AHJ have been
notorious for being aggressively strict in their interpretation of safety
requirements in their jurisdiction. I've had them reject several NRTL reports
/ marks over the years for very minor or unusual reasons.

I have not dealt with these guys in about 10 years and was wondering if anyone
had a pulse on:

* Have things gotten better or worse in dealing with them.

* Which NRTL's do they seem to like and which ones will they not accept Field
evaluations or NRTL marks from.

* Any recent strategy that has worked when approaching them to resolve an
issue. For example when dealing with them in the past, they did not like
working directly with the product safety engineer from the company that
designed the product and strongly preferred to work with a select few NRTL's.
There were a few NRTL's that they flat out refused to work with at all nor
accept their reports.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jeff Collins
Six 9's Reliable

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at
http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>

Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>