From: Kunde, Brian <brian_ku...@lecotc.com>
To: emc-pstc <emc-p...@ieee.org>
Sent: Mon, Oct 11, 2010 10:51 am
Subject: RE: Updating EU DoC

Power is control and control is power and once someone has the power it is
difficult for them to give it up.

I fought like crazy to not have our DOCs controlled through our Documentation
Control department to avoid many of the problems you are having. They have to
be control somehow but I keep track of them within our Compliance Department.

How I was able to avoid ECN control of the DOC is on the DOC itself I reworded
the statement to say;

“The product herewith displaying the CE marking complies with the requirements
of the……”

So I argued that the CE compliance is not based on the DOC but on the CE
Marking which is ECN controlled.  The DOC just shows what the CE marking means
at the time it was generated.

As far as the DOC generation, we keep the information on all products in a
database which includes the last audit date and other information that would
appear on the DOC. When we pull up a DOC for any product, the DOC is
dynamically generated with all the appropriate dates and information. We just
print/save it to a .pdf file and store it in an archive area on our
Intranet/network Page where the Sales/Marketing and Manuals departments have
READ access. I’m the only one in the company with WRITE access to these folder
so only I can change the DOCs.

We also archive all the old DOCs incase someone wants to pull a copy of an old
version.

I hope this was helpful.

The Other Brian