Hi all

I have a medico HF surgical handset where the designer has chosen green as a
main color for parts of the product.  Also the 3 wire cable to the handset
has a green outer insulation over the 3 wires. Internal in the cable the 3
wires are blue, red and white. The product is for single use and can’t be
re-wired.

Green is normally used for earth connection in US and Canada. But can we use
green on a mulit-wire cable.

National deviations to IEC 60601-1 claims;

A PROTECTIVE EARTH CONDUCTOR or a PROTECTIVE EARTH CONNECTION or insulation
shall be identified by either green or green and yellow colour. Colours of
neutral and POWER SUPPLY CORD conductors shall be in accordance with the
Canadian Electrical Code (CEC), Part I, CSA C22.2 No. 21, and CSA C22.2 No.
49.

Can we use green on a mulit-wire cable?

Best regards,

Mr. Kim Boll Jensen