In message
<9d04b979323dcd428297dda95108893e0120c...@bb-corp-ex2.corp.cubic.cub>,
dated Fri, 2 May 2008, "Price, Edward" <ed.pr...@cubic.com> writes:

>However, the US market has become just about as regulation-controlled
>as the European market, so I expect that someday we will see immunity
>standards imposed on US consumer electronics.

I think that misses a point. Interference with consumer equipment is
almost always just a nuisance. interference with other services,
especially emergency and aviation services, is liable to be far more
than a nuisance.

>(Since many products sold in the US market are already compliant with
>EN, there is a de facto immunity requirement already in place. <g>)

Because of the use of different frequency bands, the European
radio-frequency immunity requirements may not be appropriate elsewhere.
And the immunity to power supply disturbance phenomena certainly isn't
appropriate unless it's expressed in very general terms.
Murphy's Law has now been officially re-named The Certainty Principle

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org

     David Heald:            emc-p...@daveheald.com