Hi, Mark.

I'm not really certain what your asking.  Do you want to know if you must file
a laser safety report with the CDRH?  If so, then yes.

If you're trying to understand which standard to use, 21CFR or IEC 60825-1, the
answer is either, but there is some additional text required when you use the
IEC standard.

Can you clarify your question?

Regards,

Peter L. Tarver, PE
ptar...@ieee.org

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail message and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by
the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail
message, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail message, and any attachments thereto, is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail message in error, please
immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any
copies of this email and any prints thereof.
ABSENT AN EXPRESS STATEMENT TO THE CONTRARY HEREINABOVE, THIS E-MAIL IS NOT
INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR A WRITING.  Notwithstanding the Uniform Electronic
Transactions Act or the applicability of any other law of similar substance and
effect, absent an express statement to the contrary hereinabove, this e-mail
message its contents, and any attachments hereto are not intended to represent
an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and are not otherwise intended
to bind the sender, Sanmina-SCI Corporation (or any of its subsidiaries), or
any other person or entity.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

     Scott Douglas           emcp...@ptcnh.net
     Mike Cantwell           mcantw...@ieee.org