Hello to all,
Does anyone out in compliance land have any experience with the certification
of Low Frequency "Near Field Communication” (mutual inductive coupling)
systems. It appears that in Europe we could use 127KHz – 140KHz with a field
intensity of <42 dBµA/m at 10m and no license would be necessary as defined
in ETSI - EN 300-330. It appears from a cursory look at Part-15 / Canada
regulations that something similar may be possible in the USA/Canada.  I have
been given to understand that something similar is possible in Japan and China
for low energy near field communication between a sensor and a parent
instrument.

Is there anyone out there in the group that is knowledgeable in this area and
has any experience in the certification of these types of devices.???

I would be most appreciative for any guidance on the compliance &
Certification or exemption requirements for these countries.

Thank you in advance.
Off Line-direct replies gratefully accepted.

Regards to all.
Michael Taylor PE, NCE
Ch. EMC Compliance Engineer
Hach Company

constitute a violation of law. If you are not the intended
this e-mail, and delete the message from your system. If you
immediately.

message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: