Greetings all,

  After five years and a few months of hectic but rewarding work, I again find
myself seeking new employment.

Fortunately for anyone who is seeking a senior level Regulatory Engineer or
Regulatory Team Leader, I have some great qualifications.  For the last five
years, I've spent my time in two pursuits:

1)     Developing my ability to manage global approvals projects (often 90+
countries) for converged mobile devices.  These products were as complex as
co-located handheld and body-worn GSM / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / GPS products, and
as simple as the radio modules inside them or the power supplies and cradles
that kept them operating.  This experience is spread between internal projects
and fully outsourced projects through Asia-Pacific ODMs, with total global
regulatory project budgets spanning the range between $5k to $1M+ USD.

2)     Obtaining my MBA, which I have already started using via major process
redesigns (for those of you who use them or know what they are, I conceived
the idea for and led the design & implementation of an Agile PLM & SAP based
process to automate sales availability based on Regulatory approvals status
with the added bonus of country - based and revision controlled approvals
documentation and certificate storage).

I got my start as an EMC engineer, but over my career I've also built
competencies serving as a Subject Matter Expert for Bluetooth SIG listings,
NEBS, PCI (Secure PIN entry for payment devices), and for a short time
Reliability & Availability.

Also, despite not being an official SME, I've developed a working familiarity
with global RF, EMC, and Safety approvals requirements, including the
following:  HAC, DFS/TPC, SAR, PTCRB/CTIA, IEEE1725, GCF, RFID, China CCC /
SRRC / MII NAL, Korea MIC / RRL, Taiwan BSMI / DGT, Japan VCCI / MIC, Brazil
ITE & Mobile Phone approvals requirements, and much more...

I think I'll cut it there to keep in compliance with the list rules that I
remember having to enforce from time to time.

If anyone knows of an opening or is interested in talking with me, I would be
very happy to hear from you.

I can be reached at:

Tel: 631.513.3015

or via email by replying here.  (please be sure to reply only to me, not to
the entire group!)

I am presently located on Long Island, NY, but the culture here is not for me
so I will gladly consider relocation (including opportunities outside the USA,
if the opportunity seems right).

Thanks and Best Regards,

-David Heald

message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: