Dear approval experts,

I am working on CCC approvals for some Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) at
present, and have come across some certification difficulties regarding
harnesses and operator manuals.  I would be grateful if you could share any
similar CCC experiences with me, either by way of mailing list or off-line.

I have been informed that all mains carrying cords (including internal ATM
conductors)  must have CCC approval.  We had originally believed it was only
the power cord (from wall socket to ATM inlet filter) which required this
approval.  Have you had any experience with such a requirement, and if so, how
did you handle this?  What type of power cord did you have to use (our ATMs
use SJT type for external power cord and SVT type for internal mains carrying
cords)?

Also, we have been told that we must ship a Chinese Operator Manual either in
hard copy or on a CD with each ATM destined for the Chinese market.  Again,
could you share any experiences you've have had regarding manuals etc?

Thanks for your advice,
Craig

message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc
discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org

For policy questions, send mail to: