From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Price, Edward
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 4:11 PM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: HP Hardware Update

This isn't an ad, just info about a test hardware resource. All the usual
disclaimers. I'm sending this as an FYI to owners of old HP spectrum or
network analyzers.

I have an HP-8562A spectrum analyzer that is a very valued resource, but the
display CRT is nearing the end of its life (it's dim and the focus is pretty
bad). Unfortunately, HP doesn't stock the tubes for these old analyzers (or
for other 85xx, 86xx, 4195, etc analyzers too).

Now there's a great opportunity to prolong the service of those old analyzers
(and maybe bring some back from the dead). A company called National Test
Equipment (in Oceanside):

http://www.ntecusa.com/sales/dsp_model.cfm?modelID=21481

offers a drop-in LCD replacement display that replaces your old analyzer's
CRT, HV and driver circuits. Your analyzer will run cooler, last longer on
battery and weigh a bit less. The cost is $1,795, installed, with a 6 to 12
month warranty.

Ed Price

ed.pr...@cubic.com <blocked::mailto:ed.pr...@cubic.com>      WB6WSN

NARTE Certified EMC Engineer & Technician

Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab

Cubic Defense Applications

San Diego, CA  USA

858-505-2780 (Voice)

858-505-1583 (FAX)

Military & Avionics EMC Is Our Specialty

discussion list. Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas emcp...@ptcnh.net
Mike Cantwell mcantw...@ieee.org