From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Doug Kramer
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 7:43 AM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: Critical Components

Are there any IEC (or other accepted references) documents that define what
constitutes “critical components” in terms of product safety?  What drives
calling out a part on a “critical components” list?

I would contend that it is any component of a system where the removal or
substitution could change the compliance of the product relative to the
applicable safety standard.

Any thoughts?

Doug Kramer

*

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@ptcnh.net>

Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html