I believe that you will also need your calibrating equipment traceable to a
National Standards group such as NIST in the US.

Bob Heller
3M EMC Laboratory, 76-1-01
St. Paul, MN 55107-1208
Tel:  651- 778-6336
Fax:  651-778-6252

             "Spencer, David
             H"
             <David.Spencer@xe                                          To
             rox.com>                  <cmander...@micron.com>
             Sent by:                  <emc-p...@ieee.org>
             emc-p...@ieee.org                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/11/2008 08:04          RE: DIY Equipment and Calibration
             AM

Chris,

I've built several CDN's.  Repaired both CDN's and LISN's.   Never messed
with building an EM clamp.   Too much hassle IMO.

As far as calibration,  I try to calibrate as much as is practical "in
house".    All the LISN's, ISN's, CDN's, cable loss, amplifier performance,
etc etc .  But in reality those "calibrations" are just "verifications".
To perform those verifications most people are lacking a network impedance
analyzer.  The test jigs or setups are easy to build or cheap to purchase.

Regarding an accrediting organization accepting the results,  you'll need a
process.  You can't go wrong by referencing CISPR 16 et. al.  in that
respect.   You'll need the verification data. AND, you'll need the
measurement uncertainty.
The last item, you can gather from your impedance analyzer accuracy
specifications (and calibration report) and the test jig VSWR & losses.

As for where you can send you in-house built test items,  most any ISO17025
test lab which calibrates EMC or similar devices can perform the
calibration.

Regards

David Spencer
EMC Engineer