The grounding of the shield of your antenna cable

simply should be considered mandatory.

There is no way you can exclude environmental (radio)

signals to leak in otherwise, and there is no way of

preventing high power immunity test signals to leak out.

With leaking I mean at the attenuation will be less then 6dB or so.

A cage of faraday with the shield broken this way

will have its shielding effectiveness drop from over 100 dB

to 3-4 dB at its best.

Whether you use bulkhead connectors , or other means

to ground the shield, keep in mind that the only

place you should do the grounding is exactly at the physical boundary of

the chamber. A few cm of cable run outside or inside

between ground and pass through will have the same effect

as above, possibly limited to higher frequencies.

Feel free to elaborate on this topic if you think you need to.

Gert Gremmen