David

There may be a number of reasons for this:-

1. To ensure that the disposal instructions can be understood in the countries
in which the product is marketed.

2. To include different contact details for the compliance schemes that the
manufacturer may belong in each of the different countries.

A great deal will depend on whether you are talking about consumer products or
business-to-business (B2B) products. The issue for the manufacturer is that
although he is responsible for disposal at end of life, he cannot actually
undertake that disposal unless he has a waste management licence, so needs to
have an appropriate waste management scheme established to fulfil his
responsibility.

Best regards

Neil Barker

Manager

Central Quality

e2v

106 Waterhouse Lane, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 2QU, England

Tel:         +44 (0)1245 453616

Mobile:   +44 (0)7801 723735

Fax:        +44 (0)1245 453571

 www.e2v.com <http://www.e2v.com/>

P Consider the environment: do you really need to print this e mail?