As antenna of most mobile handset became an internal type, Hand effect
already was an issue in mobile handset industries(LG, SAMSUNG...), several
years ago.
I don't think Apple didn't consider or realize this issue before releasing
it.

Hocheol Kwak

The Clemson Vehicular Electronics Lab., CU-ICAR
Department of Electrical & Computer Eng.
Clemson University, Clemson, SC, 29634-0915
Mobile: +1-864-280-4898
Homepage:  http://people.clemson.edu/~hkwak
CVEL site: http://www.cvel.clemson.edu/

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html