In message <213049.95688...@web36202.mail.mud.yahoo.com>,
"gdstuyvenb...@yahoo.com" <gdstuyvenb...@yahoo.com> writes
>Suppose company A manufactures, assembles, tests and CE marks a product
>for available sale.  As a courtesy to customers, Company B makes the
>product available by giving it a company B part number for the customer
>to order as an accessory to it's main product line.  Company B does not
>"brand label" the accessory, but rather leaves all Company A markings
>intact.  Who is responsible for meeting the requirements of the EMCD,
>company A or B?

Company B is just acting as a distributor of a product declared
compliant by Company A. Of course, Company B might think it prudent to
verify the claim of compliance, but has no legal responsibility UNLESS
Company A is outside the EU while Company B is inside it. In that case,
Company B bears joint responsibility.
--
This is my travelling signature, adding no superfluous mass.
John M Woodgate

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@socal.rr.com>