Further to my post on this subject, it's worth noting that the "white with
blue stripe" or "blue with white stripe" combinations often seen in machine
tools are not defined in EN 60204-1. The white/blue combo was defined in NFPA
79, and remains in clause 13.2.3.2(1) in the current edition (2007).

Blue/white is not defined in any standard as a grounded DC return, and is an
error commonly repeated in the machine tool world.

--
Doug Nix
d...@ieee.org