        From: emc-p...@ieee.org [mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Ken
Javor
        Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 12:43 PM
        To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
        Subject: Re: [PSES] Measurement Accuracy and antenna factors

        That is only true if the calibration is done like in the old days, like
my
old biconicals tuned at 20, 30, 40, 50, ... MHz. The query of the original
post is, given you have received swept data from the cal lab, how many of
those points do you import into your AF data correction file, and at what
point do you start using interpolation.  In that case, what I was referring to
was that you could simply eyeball the data and enter data points that are,
say, 1 dB apart. Which is what I do.

        That is a specific answer in terms of the OP and your question. But even
granting your premise, that it is somehow an unknown antenna, and I am the
antenna calibrator working without the original antenna factor data for the
antenna, there is still no need to record volumes of data.  All I need do is
set up the two antenna test, run a sweep, and observe where the isolation is
relatively constant, and where it changes rapidly, and once again I can
concentrate my efforts so that across the entire antenna range, I take data at
points roughly 1 dB apart.

        Ken Javor

        Phone: (256) 650-5261