Sorry for so many question at once and I am researching this in several ways,
but I know and trust this group's experience and opinions. Want to change an
approved ITE 5 port Ethernet router switch device with external ITE power
adapter to medical grade power adapter. This is a desk top type power adapter
with IEC 320 appliance coupler.

Is it wrong (or maybe how wrong is it) to assume that a 40 watt AC-DC 12 VDC
out power adapter meeting 60601-1 (safety) and 60601-1-2 (EMC) will meet or
exceed 60950-1 (safety) and EN55022 Class B/EN 55024 (EMC)?

Can the secondary be earth grounded on a 60601-1 power adapter (i.e.
green/yellow wire from input tied to secondary)?

Does harmonic (61000-3-2) and flicker (61000-3-3) apply to medical devices if
over 75W?

Are WEEE and RoHS exempt from medical?

Is there anything else I should keep an eye out for in this conversion?

Thank you

Rick Linford

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>