Brian,

The answer to your second question is 'no'.

With respect, you seem to have missed the point that the NLF has no direct
bearing on manufacturers - it is a set of rules and principles for legislators,
enforcement agencies and accreditation bodies.

You can be forgiven for failing to understand this, others have made the same
mistake.

However, in practice what it means is that if you are a manufacturer, you can
essentially ignore the NLF and focus on what is in the directives and
regulations themselves. Competence is not legislated for in any of the New
Approach directives, nor is any such requirement introduced in the current set
of proposed amendments which will align several of the older Directives with
the principles of the NLF.

Nick.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>