From: Martin E. Cormier [mailto:mcorm...@matrox.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:17 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Shipping into Europe - Basic question

Oh!  This is getting interesting...

It was the exact pupose of my original question.  We know that our "regular"
products, i.e. the ones that may be put directly into market, have to be CE
marked.  But in this case, we would ship our add-in boards as components, only
to a manufacturer/integrator.  My understanding, up to now, was that in that
case, the final manufacturer is responsible of declaring its product compliant.
 He would be putting the CE marking on the complete product.  But do the add-in
boards, here sold strickly B2B as components, need to have the CE marking to
pass customs inspection when entering Europe?

Martin

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html