From: Brian Oconnell [mailto:oconne...@tamuracorp.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 2:12 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Impact on NRTL Certification - Refurbished/Remanufactured
Products

Within the meaning of OSHA requirements 29CFR1910 - no effect if no change was
made to the design, materials, or performance as compared to the NRTL-certified
model from the factory. According to OSHA: "These product changes, even if
inadvertent, void the NRTL's approval for that product, and an employer's use
of these products in the workplace violates the OSHA
standard(s) requiring that the products be NRTL-approved."

Within the meaning of most NRTL's general services agreement - the mark is no
longer valid unless repair performed at an authorized facility subject to the
respective NRTL's FUS audits.

Why is refurb equipment considered part of a "green initiative" ?

Brian