Hello,

I am enjoying this conversation.

It's worth pointing out to the non-BBC watchers that there are no
commercials/adverts on the BBC.   They get their money through the license
fee.

So, basically, we are paying for the privilege/opportunity to watch
television without any commercials or advert breaks.   It's nice for films,
where there isn't an interruption every 20 minutes (unless you need the
toilet, of course).

We also have the opportunity to complain about BBC services, since we're
paying for them.   It also helps keep them politically neutral, since they
don't have sponsors to worry about.

Michael.

Michael Derby

Regulatory Engineer