John,

<When equipment that has a rated current above 16 A draws a reference current
that is less
than 16 A under the specified test conditions, the manufacturer may proceed in
one of the
following ways:
1) Comply with the proportional limits as calculated, choosing the required
Rsce;
2) Comply with the absolute limits given in IEC 61000-3-2:2011, Table 1, using
the
measurement procedure defined in 4.2.2 in IEC 61000-3-12:2011;
In that case, the manufacturer shall state in the instruction manual "Equipment
complying
with IEC 61000-3-12", without having to declare a minimum short circuit power
Ssc.
3) Change the test conditions to a representative 2,5 min period, as defined in
IEC 61000-3-
12:2011, Table 1 for long cyclic equipment, and comply with the proportional
limits as
calculated, choosing the required Rsce.
The manufacturer is strongly advised to state in the test report which of these
ways was used,
so that subsequent tests are carried out with the same procedure.>

Jim

James L. Knighten, Ph.D.
EMC Engineer
Teradata Corporation