From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2013 4:51 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Fiber Optic links for EMC Monitoring

In message <000f01ce180b$29d42940$7d7c7bc0$@cox.net>, dated Sun, 3 Mar 2013,
Ed Price <edpr...@cox.net> writes:

>I always thought that explanation was a bit strange, but deep thinking
>causes headaches, and every time I would try to think of something
>better, I would notice it was lunchtime.

It often is: can we infer that complicated electronics problems actually
*cause* lunchtime?

>I wonder how that might look on a computer simulation?

I think it would cast doubt. In your scenario, the current is controlled by
the very high input impedance, so it would still be substantially the same
if the wires were copper, silver or even superconductors. Thick conductors
would themselves distort the field, even with no or negligible signal
current flow, of course, due to induced currents. So using very thin
conductors makes sense.
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk SHOCK HORROR!
Dinosaur-like DNA found in chicken and turkey meals John Woodgate, J M

http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in
well-used formats), large files, etc.

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Scott Douglas <emcp...@radiusnorth.net>