I don’t think the original discussion is or was centered on testing ‘black
boxes’ or even the fact that a manufacturer should know his product and what it
takes to get it in the market. The original discussion was that labs which are
supposed to know what they are doing, because they have a standards listed on
their scope of accreditation, may not actually know what they are doing.  It
does not deal with off the wall testing specific to a particular manufacturer,
it deals with common everyday expertise.

Any lab can test anything or anyway they want, but if they are saying the
testing is to a specific standard and is in accordance with their scope, then
they need to make sure it is.  If it is not, then the accreditations generally
only say (paraphrased) ‘if you didn’t test it correctly to the std on the
scope, then don’t say you did.  If you did test it according to your scope,
then the results should clearly show you did.’

Thanks

​​​​​

Dennis Ward

This communication and its attachements contain information from PCTEST
Engineering Laboratory, Inc., and I sintended for the exclusive use of the
recipient(s) named above.  It may contain information that is confidential
and/or legally privileged.  Any unauthorized use that may compromise that
confidentiality via distribution or disclosure is prohibited.  Please notify
the sender immediately if you receive this communication in error, and delete
it from your computer system.  Usage of PCTEST email addresses for non-business
related activities is strictly prohibited.  No warranty is made that the e-mail
or attachments(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.  Thank you.