Surely if you declare compliance with any particular Directive on your
Declaration then you must follow the attestation procedures for that Directive.
On the basis of a quick look, there is no attestation route under the NAWID
which does not require some form of Notified Body intervention. I know that
this is not completely true for the MID, but in practice most measuring
instruments do require NB intervention for CE marking under the MID.

Therefore, it seems to me that unless you engage an NB to help you declare
compliance for your complete machine, you cannot include a declaration of
compliance to the NWAID or the MID on the Declaration of the complete machine.

The Machinery Directive says that you also need to identify any other
applicable Directives on your Declaration:

"a sentence expressly declaring that the machinery fulfils all the relevant
provisions of this Directive and where appropriate, a similar sentence
declaring the conformity with other Directives and/or relevant provisions with
which the machinery complies.” (2006/42/EC annex II (1 )A item 4).

A strict reading of this means you have to declare compliance with the NWAID in
addition to the Machienry Directive, but applying my logic above that would
imply involving an NB to be involved in attestation of the complete machine,
something I’m sure you won’t want to do.

My advice is to issue a Declaration in which you claim compliance only for
those Directives where you have competed the correct attestation procedure
(likely to be Machinery, EMC and RoHS in this case) and supply a copy of the
weighing machine’s DofC alongside your machinery DofC. If you attempt to
‘badge' the weighing machine as your own by not supplying the OEM’s Declaration
then I think you will need to comply with the NWAID and/or the MID which means
applying the relevant procedures from these directives.

Nick.