And it's even more fun when "the other guy that doesn't do it" is an EU company
being compared to US companies importing into the EU that have to do it.

-Dave

From: Gary McInturff [mailto:gary.mcintu...@esterline.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2015 3:38 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] EMC on Industrial Cut-Off Saws

And the dreaded - "the other guy doesn't do it why are we" Heavy sigh.
By the way not too long ago I saw the pragmatic answer to that.
Company A built a product. For whatever reason Company B challenged the EMC.
They tested at a lab and sure enough failure. I don't know how badly it failed
but it failed.
Last seen an EMC engineer and the corporate legal beagle from company B were
back at the lab with more than one of the device that failed, and were
documenting the results for the pending lawsuit.

That was within the last few months so one shouldn't assume it doesn't happen
anymore.

mac

mac