Did not that ISO stuff was required. What is basis for requirement to indicate
accreditations/certifications on the machinery directive D of C?

Another member of the esteemed Brian Club.

Brian

From: Brian Gregory [mailto:brian_greg...@netzero.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 12:39 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Nameplate and DoC requirements Machinery Directive

Advice from one with mostly US experience, but with an NRTL/NB:

Until otherwise prohibited by MD, best practices are:

- use of company issued documentation to properly describe the products covered
by a DoC.   Types, application and ratings need to be crystal clear in the
documentation.  Use product safety reports from NRTLs as a guide.  I would not
use either S/N or model numbers.

- Be accurate and precise about the scope (the extent) of your organization's
ISO 9001 or (other relevant) certifications or accreditations, as far as both
the activities and geographical locations covered by the certifications and
product use applications are concerned.

another Brian