Greeting experts.

We have a 20 year old HP 8546A RF Receiver System which we love very much. We
believe the Backup Battery has died because when we turn it on it cannot
remember the date and time AND it says it is using "Default Correction
Factors".  We are guessing that it has lost its calibration data.

When we try to run the internal calibrations, we get a "Cal: RES BW AMPL FAIL"
error and an SRQ 110 which points to a hardware error. But we think it maybe
more than a coincident that the backup battery and hardware problem would occur
at the same time.

1.       Do you think replacing the battery and having the receiver calibrated
will return it to life?

2.       Does anyone have a Service Manual for this receiver? We are willing to
buy it.

3.       Does anyone have a working HP8546A (or compatible) system we could
bed, borrow, buy, rent, or steel?

4.       Any other insight, recommendations, of suggestions?; other than those
of our R&S Sales Rep?

Thanks to all.
The Other Brian

LECO Corporation Notice: This communication may contain confidential
information intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you received this by
mistake, please destroy it and notify us of the error. Thank you.