Hi Gary,
I believe that we are discussing very different processes. Our industrial
battery chargers fall under a "compulsory" category in Japan.
We started with a long detailed review of all of the equipment in the factory,
leading to a factory inspection, and finally, full EMC emissions testing
in-country.  The whole thing was very slow, and frustrating, with a lot of
back-and -forth  discussion.

Technical  communication was not possible with technical staff due to language
restraints. All  discussion was possible with administrative staff only, who
passed the information to the engineers. Answers to questions were sent back
through the administration staff, adding to delays.

Hmmm, do I sound unhappy?  ; )

Best Regards,
Brian C.
Brian Ceresney
Regulatory Lead
Delta-Q Technologies Corp.

My own opions are represented here, not those of Delta-Q Technologies.

Phone: +1.604.566.8827
E-mail: bceres...@delta-q.com<mailto:bceres...@delta-q.com>
Website: www.delta-q.com<http://www.delta-q.com>