Declarations, test reports, etc are part of a contractual law system, so this
will reference the legal point of view, and as am not a solicitor or attorney,
you should to talk to the one retained by your employer. 'for and behalf of'
relates to the term 'procuration' - essentially a proxy by formal appointment.

In Europe, there are many similarities in corporate contract law, but there are
significant differences. Reference the UK Companies Act 2006 (s. 43). The UK is
weird in that the affixing of 'seals' remain in legal code, so the seal of the
corp is binding, while the signatory may not necessarily be representative.
Most EU countries also require 'on behalf of' signatory where the signature
indicates a conglomerate of interests; that is, more than one legal body.

U.S. corporate law is bit messy because of state differences (the reason
American contracts indicate which state's laws are applicable to the terms).
For the U.S., the reference 'for and behalf of...' is to indicate that the
signatory may not be a corporate officer that has the authority to legally bind
the company. It does indicates that the signatory is cognizant and authorized.
For example, my employer(the CEO) wrote a Letter of Appointment to make this
peon the signatory for product regulatory issues. And because not an officer of
the company, sign stuff 'for and behalf of...'. Whereas a corporate officer,
that is empowered to legally bind the company, would just sign with title
affixed, or apply a thumbprint using the blood fallen engineers.

Brian