From: Mel Soliven [mailto:mel_soli...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 9:25 AM
To: John Woodgate <jmw1...@btinternet.com>; EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: EN 50370-1/-2

Dear Experts,

I would like to know your view with regards to the Product standards for
machine tools as per below. It mentioned that the date of cessation was 2008 &
2005 respectively. For the On-site testing ( Manufacturer's Premises), I
believe this standard can still be usable for the fact that; we are using EN
50370 as reference, but we are not actually showing full compliance to EN50370.
We are showing that, by referencing an EMC standard typical for the type of
equipment (and EMC environment), that the argument of compliance with the
Directive Essential Requirements is good. In an EMC Technical File, we are
arguing compliance with the Directive, not particular Standards.
This means that, in actual fact, it doesn't really matter which product/generic
standard is referenced when testing in situ, but logic says (due to the
definitions) that EN50370 is more appropriate than EN61000-6-x.

Any insights are welcome.

Many thanks in advance,

Cenelec
EN 50370-1:2005
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - Product family standard for machine tools
- Part 1: Emission
Relevant generic standard(s)

<http://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market/european-standards/harmonised-standards/electromagnetic-compatibility/index_en.htm#Note
 2.1> Note 2.1
01/02/2008

Cenelec
EN 50370-2:2003
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - Product family standard for machine tools
- Part 2: Immunity
Relevant generic standard(s)

Note 2.1: The new (or amended) standard has the same scope as the superseded
standard. On the date stated, the superseded standard ceases to give
presumption of conformity with the essential or other requirements of the
relevant Union legislation
01/11/2005