On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 02:08:04 +0100,
  John Woodgate <jmw1...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Slight under-compensation would cause a brief overshoot to 138 V. In my
> opinion, probes can't be calibrated except with the scope they are
> exclusively used with. Covering the cal adjuster with a sticker shows a deep
> misunderstanding of how passive probes work.

Agreed.
Performance of passive probes strongly depends to the oscilloscope,
so I think it should always be calibrated with a specific oscilloscope
channel.

EURAMET cg-7 (calibration of oscilloscopes),
https://www.euramet.org/get/?tx_stag_base%5Bfile%5D=3611&tx_stag_base%5Bidentifier%5D=%252Fdocs%252FPublications%252Fcalguides%252FEURAMET_cg-7__v_1.0_Calibration_of_Oscilloscopes.pdf&tx_stag_base%5Baction%5D=downloadRaw&tx_stag_base%5Bcontroller%5D=Base
also says "For multi-channel systems, the measurement result must be
related with the corresponding oscilloscope channel. A probe
calibration is only valid in combination with the calibrated
oscilloscope (indicated in the calibration certificate). The probe
calibration must be clearly related to the applied channel."

Regards,
Tom