Ralph,
Back in a previous lifetime (at a test lab) I had a similar EUT to test. You
need to setup your antenna every 20 degrees or 30 degrees or 45 degrees around
the outside of the EUT at a 3 meter or 10 meters measurement distance. You need
to tailor the setup to the space you have. You need to stay between any
external metal and the EUT mass. You need to discuss this with whomever is
signing off on these measurements. They may want more or less test data.

You also need to raise and lower the antenna from 1 to 4 m at each azimuth and
each polarity of the scan antenna. You should also scan from 30MHz to 1GHz
minimum, this would also need to be discussed with the sign off group. The best
scan you could do is 30MHz to 18GHz with the Bi-con (30-300MHz) and a log
periodic (300 - 1000MHz) and a double ridge horn antenna (1 - 18GHz) . That
would give you a good understanding of just what you might see radiating in the
real world installation.

I wouldn't worry about the ground plane because it wouldn't be done that way if
you did it in situ (on site after installation).

Are you not going to do any in situ testing on some of the sites after
installation?

Thanks,

Michael Sundstrom
Garmin Compliance Engineer
2-2606
(913) 440-1540
KB5UKT

"We call it theory when we know much about something but nothing works,
and practice when everything works but nobody knows why."      -- Albert
Einstein