I have heard of and known a few audiophiles that go to great lengths to have
sound reproduced as accurately as possible and spend enormous sums to
accomplish that.

The term that was most silly in my view was holography; but I understood what
was meant. The aforementioned audiophiles claim to recreate the spatial
relationship between the physical locations musical instruments when recorded.
The needs for recording and reproduction are entirely impractical and don't
seem achievable for simple stereophonics, so it seems on the bovine
scatological side of the olfactory sense.

BUT, I have stood in and moved about a room that was carefully put together. In
one part of the room one instrument (say clarinet) could be heard more
distinctly than in other areas, and so on for other instruments, giving the
impression that one was moving from musician to musician on a sound stage.

Pretty clever, but outlandishly expensive.

Peter Tarver

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential.
It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in
any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this
message!