Hi all

Can anyone shed some light on working up the Uncertainty Measurement
Calculations based on UKAS Lab34 for MIL-STD-461 CS115 and CS116.
I need to show the uncertainty values for these tests as follows:
Uncertainty in overall test level = 2.2dB, Uncertainty in time measurement =
1.91%, Uncertainty in Amplitude measurement = 0.82%

MIL-STD-461 defines
4.3.1 Measurement tolerances.
Unless otherwise stated for a particular measurement, the tolerance shall be as
follows:
a. Distance: ±5%
b. Frequency: ±2%
c. Amplitude, measurement receiver: ±2 dB
d. Amplitude, measurement system (includes measurement receivers, transducers,
cables,
and so forth): ±3 dB
e. Time (waveforms): ±5%
f. Resistors: ±5%
g. Capacitors: ±20%

Also what equipment do I include, ie. DSO, Current Probes, Calibration Jig,
Transient Generator, etc. and what do I exclude????

I hope there are some group members that have already done this process and can
help.

Regards
Andy

        LEONARDO
                 Land & Naval Division
         Andrew Price
             Land & Naval Defence Electronics Division
             Prinicpal Environmental Engineer (EMC)

             Leonardo MW Ltd
             Sigma House, Christopher Martin Rd, Basildon SS14 3EL, UK
             Tel  EMC LAB : +44 (0)1268 883308
             Mobile: +44 (0)7507 854888

andrew.p.pr...@leonardocompany.com<mailto:andrew.p.pr...@leonardocompany.com>
             leonardocomapany.com

HELICOPTERS / AERONAUTICS / ELECTRONICS, DEFENCE AND SECURITY SYSTEMS / SPACE

Leonardo MW Ltd
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14
3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132