You would need to provide the specific method/procedure number. There can be
more than one humidity test. For some stuff there can be significant latitude
in test method, depending on the LCEP.

Brian

From: Gary McInturff [mailto:gary.mcintu...@esterline.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 12:29 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] Humidity test.

Stymied over a simple question.
I'm going to do a MIL-810 humidity test for 10 days. But reading the details of
the pertinent section I can't really determine if the product is supposed to
operational the whole time or just brought up during the required 5th and 10th
cycle functional tests. My presumption is that it would be off during the rest
of time (they do discuss long term storage in humid areas) so that the humidity
the self-heating of the product while on doesn't ameliorate any of the negative
of the effects of humidity fungal growth, deposits from external sources,
hygroscopic issues et al.
They spend time discussing tailoring the test but this really isn't a
tailorable consideration. It either is or it is not. So the devil is in the
details and I think they left one out.

I can't afford the time or cost of running this twice and my direct customer
doesn't know either - and getting answer from his customer is egregious

Anybody?

Gary McInturff
Reliability/Compliance Engineer