From: peperkin...@cs.com
Sent: January 6, 2017 8:36 PM
To: doug...@gmail.com; EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: [PSES] Thermal equilibrium - 10% rule

Doug et al,

                Well, you don’t have to have 100K lbs of equipment to get porpoiseing.

I remember a 500W product project where the test house engineer came in to witness the testing and was disturbed by the porpoiseing swings when the product temp seemed stable.  He finally understood after the 2nd explanation that the swings were caused by the room AC cycling and he could see the result.  Test successfully completed.

:>)     br,      Pete

Peter E Perkins, PE

Principal Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs Consultant

PO Box 23427

Tigard, ORe  97281-3427

503/452-1201

p.perk...@ieee.org