From: Vincent Lee [mailto:000008e6c8d35910-dmarc-requ...@ieee.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2017 3:04 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] Questions on RCB, RCCB and ELCBs

Hi all,

I am Vincent, newbies in Product Safety. Hence, I sincerely hope to seek your
professional answers to my following questions,

1) What are the major differences between RCB, RCCB, GFCI and GFEP ?

2) If the human-let-go-current-threshold is about 10mA, why does IEC 61008
RCCBs used in Household being specified at 30mA trip current while GFCI used in
Household are specified at 5mA (+/- 1mA) ?

3) I heard that Residual Current Circuit Breaker are replacing Electrical
Leakage Circuit Breaker, in what ways are RCCB better than ELCB for electrical
safety protection that causes ELCB being replaced?

Regards,
Vincent
<emc-p...@ieee.org <mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org> >
Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/