Actually, C63,4:2014 is the FCC referenced standard now, not C63.4:2003.  So,
the 2014 edition should be used.  In any case, the FCC generally requires that
at least one of each type port be filled on the EUT and a minimum of at least
of the different type 2 ports be filled on a host that is not the EUT.   For
example, if the EUT is a cell phone and it can connect to a PC, then, the cell
phone would require all types of ports filled (HDMI if available as well as USB
etc).   The PC, on the contrary, would only require a minimum of 2 ports filled
(section 11.2.2 C63.4:2014), with cables connected to at least one of each type
functional interface.  Example, suppose the PC had 4 USB ports, two Ethernet
ports, two HDMI ports, one sub D port.  One of the USB ports, being filled by
the phone, the others cabled; an Ethernet device on one of the Ethernet ports,
the other Ethernet and the remaining I/O ports all cabled meets the requirement
of the FCC and C63.4.  Of course any unloaded cable should be at least
terminated.   It does not require any specific type device be connected, only
that it is representative of the port capabilities.

Thanks

​​​​​

Dennis Ward

This communication and its attachements contain information from PCTEST
Engineering Laboratory, Inc., and is intended for the exclusive use of the
recipient(s) named above.  It may contain information that is confidential
and/or legally privileged.  Any unauthorized use that may compromise that
confidentiality via distribution or disclosure is prohibited.  Please notify
the sender immediately if you receive this communication in error, and delete
it from your computer system.  Usage of PCTEST email addresses for non-business
related activities is strictly prohibited.  No warranty is made that the e-mail
or attachments(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.  Thank you.