Von: Vincent Lee [mailto:000008e6c8d35910-dmarc-requ...@ieee.org]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. Mai 2017 06:00
An: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Betreff: [PSES] Scientific principles behind Surface Creepage & Air Clearance

Hi all,

Good day,

1) May I know what is the scientific relationship between Paschen's Law
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paschen%27s_law) and surface creepage and air
clearance distance ?

2) If there is a relationship, how can one calculate the surface creepage and
air clearance distance (such as those in IEC 60601-1 3rd) based on Paschen's
Law ?

3) If Paschen's Law is not applicable for such calculation, then how are the
surface creepage and air clearance distance (such as those in IEC 60601-1 3rd)
obtained ? On what scientific basis or principles ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you & have a nice day.

Regards, Vincent

<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>
Instructions: http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html
Scott Douglas <mailto:sdoug...@ieee.org>
Mike Cantwell <mailto:mcantw...@ieee.org>
For policy questions, send mail to:
Jim Bacher <mailto:j.bac...@ieee.org>
David Heald <mailto:dhe...@gmail.com>

________________________________

WILO SE
Nortkirchenstrasse 100, 44263 Dortmund
Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRB 21356
www.wilo.com

Vorstand/Executive Board:
Oliver Hermes (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Dr. Markus Beukenberg, Carsten Krumm,
Eric Lachambre, Mathias Weyers
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Prof. Dr. Norbert Wieselhuber

Dieses Dokument ist vertraulich zu behandeln. Die Weitergabe sowie
Vervielfaeltigung, Verwertung und Mitteilung seines Inhalts ist nur mit unserer
ausdruecklichen Genehmigung gestattet. Alle Rechte vorbehalten, insbesondere
fuer den Fall der Schutzrechtsanmeldung.

This document has to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be
passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our expressed permission.
All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.