From: IBM Ken [mailto:ibm...@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 September 2017 17:10
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] Routine Test 60950-1, 62368-1

Hi Kurt!

At the system (end product level);

-Do you add a PDU and plug on the manufacturing line and plug all the modules
into it?

-Do you have small screws, wires, etc which are used to assemble the end
product which might fall into the product?

-Do you have any opportunity for miswiring/misplugging?

In most cases, it's a good idea to hipot the assembly as a complete product at
the end of the manufacturing line.  It is not usually required to re-do each
module hipot test separately, but rather just once at the Mains input (but I
don't know the construction of your product).

Regarding your comment about height above sea level;  the hipot test is based
on the working voltage and the maximum operating altitude as designed (it is
not dependent on the actual altitude of the factory).

-Ken A