From: Ken Javor [mailto:ken.ja...@emccompliance.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:57 AM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] EN61000-4-5 severity level question

Can someone out there tell me which of the four severity levels applies to an
industrial power supply with 115 vac input and 28 Vdc output. Designed to mount
to a rail and typically be embedded in another piece of equipment. Other
standards applicable are:

emissions: Compliance to EN55011, EN55022 (CISPR22), EN61204-3 Class B,
EN61000-3-2,-3

immunity: Compliance to EN61000-4-2,3,4,5,6,8,11, EN55024, EN61000-6-2
(EN50082-2), EN61204-3, heavy industry level, criteria A,
SEMI F47, GL approved

My specific problem is that the supply is to be used in a military shipboard
application, and therefore subject to MIL-STD-1399, section 300B requirements
for ac loads, and that includes a 1000 volt, 50 us requirement.  If the
61000-4-5 class is 2 or higher, it looks like the supply has already been
qualified, and that is what I am trying to determine.

Thank you,

Ken Javor
Phone: (256) 650-5261

<emc-p...@ieee.org<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>>