I should also have asked what the rated power actually is, and whether it's 1-phase or 3-phase?

John Woodgate OOO-Own Opinions Only
J M Woodgate and Associates www.woodjohn.uk
Rayleigh, Essex UK

On 2017-10-11 16:54, John Woodgate wrote:

True, but it's a cumbersome procedure and is not clearly enough indicated. I will try to get an improvement.

On 2017-10-11 15:59, Scott Aldous wrote:
Hi James,

The flowchart in Clause 7 in the version of the standard that I have access to sends you to Clause 4 for professional equipment that uses techniques not allowed by 6.1. The second paragraph of Clause 4 addresses professional equipment that does not comply with the requirements of the standard, mentioning that the instruction manual must indicate to ask the supply utility  for permission to connect and that additional recommendations can be found in IEC/TR 61000-3-4 or IEC 61000-3-12.