Thanks Charlie,

This standard can be used.
The PCIe card that receives L-band radio is installed in a personal computer. This complete unit can be an IDU. The incomming radio signal to the PCIe card is on coax cable from the ODU.

Yes, I think ETSI EN 303 372-2 V1.1.1 is the best match so far.

Cheers.

Amund

On 2017-11-16 09:04, Charlie Blackham wrote:
Amund

Is this part of a satellite receiver system?

ETSI EN 303 372-2 V1.1.1 [1] applies to indoor units used with outdoor
units falling under ETSI EN 303 372-1 V1.1.1 [2]

Regards

Charlie

CHARLIE BLACKHAM

SULIS CONSULTANTS LTD

TEL: +44 (0)7946 624317

WEB: WWW.SULISCONSULTANTS.COM [3]

Registered in England and Wales, number 05466247

FROM: Amund Westin [mailto:am...@westin-emission.no]
 SENT: 15 November 2017 21:13
 TO: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
 SUBJECT: [PSES] Wired radio receiver & RED

RED FAQ mention receivers as within the RED. I assume they mean
traditional radio receivers, and to not have wired cable radio
receivers in mind.

RED guide talk about television, radio broadcasting and DVB receivers.
For wired radio receivers, only DVB-C is mentioned and it is not
within RED. Other DVBs are within. Wired telecon terminal equipment is
also outside RED.

No other wired radio receivers are mentioned in the RED guide.

So, what about a wired L-band (1-2GHz) radio receiver? In my view,
it's outside RED, mainly because it's wired and some sort of same
category as DVB-C. Any thoughts?

Best regards

Amund

emc-pstc discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your
e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>

http://www.ieee-pses.org/emc-pstc.html [4]

Attachments are not permitted but the IEEE PSES Online Communities
site at http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ [5] can be used for
graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc.

Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/ [6]
 Instructions: http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to
unsubscribe) [7]
 List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html [8]

 Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
 David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com> -

emc-pstc discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your
e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>

http://www.ieee-pses.org/emc-pstc.html [4]

Attachments are not permitted but the IEEE PSES Online Communities
site at http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ [5] can be used for
graphics (in well-used formats), large files, etc.

Website: http://www.ieee-pses.org/ [6]
 Instructions: http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to
unsubscribe) [7]
 List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html [8]

 Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org>
 David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com>

Links:
------
[1]
http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_en/303300_303399/30337202/01.01.01_60/en_30337202v010101p.pdf
[2]
http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_en/303300_303399/30337201/01.01.01_60/en_30337201v010101p.pdf
[3]
https://outlook.hslive.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=02be3bf3e3a544d1bdf7b6c99fbd12f5&amp;URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sulisconsultants.com%2f
[4] http://www.ieee-pses.org/emc-pstc.html
[5] http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/
[6] http://www.ieee-pses.org/
[7] http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html
[8] http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion
list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>