John Woodgate OOO-Own Opinions Only
J M Woodgate and Associates www.woodjohn.uk
Rayleigh, Essex UK

On 2018-03-06 15:05, Jim Hulbert wrote:

All –

I am planning to transition a few “legacy” products from EN 60950-1 to EN 62368-1 for CE marking purposes.    I have 2 questions:

1.  Clause 4.1.1 of EN 62368-1 contains the statement: “Components and subassemblies that comply with IEC 60950-1 or IEC 60065 are acceptable as part of equipment covered by this standard without further evaluation other than to give consideration to the appropriate use of the component or subassembly in the end-product. “   I understand this is temporary for transition purposes and will be deleted in future editions, but in the meantime does this apply to internal power supplies that have their own safety agency certification & mark under standard IEC/EN 60950-1?

2.  EN 62368-1 has requirements for “instructional safeguards” which include labels conforming to IEC 60417.   The legacy products currently have labels that convey particular hazards but are not in conformance with the EN 62368-1 or IEC 60417 standards.  Is it permissible to leave the “non-conforming” labels in place or must they be replaced with new labels?  Can the non-conforming labels stay in place if a new EN 62368-1/IEC 60417 label is placed alongside?

Thank you.

*Jim Hulbert*

This message is from the IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society emc-pstc discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org <mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>>

All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at: http://www.ieee-pses.org/emc-pstc.html